2017 Deal of the Year Awards
SUBMIT A NOMINATION
The 2017 HICAP Deal of the Year Awards will be open for nominations on July 18 2017. Nominations will close on 31 August 2017, with online voting open to all HICAP delegates to take place mid-September. Winners will be revealed at HICAP on 20 October 2017 at the InterContinental Hong Kong.
General guidelines for qualification:
Development of the Year:
– Recognizes an outstanding single development – newly built, redeveloped or repositioned (after significant renovation or enhancement)
– All nominees must be located in Asia Pacific
– All nominees for Development of the Year must have opened between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017.
Deal of the Year:
– Single Asset Transaction recognizes a hotel or resort in which more than 50 percent ownership stake has been acquired in Asia Pacific
– M&A of the Year recognizes an outstanding merger or significant acquisition or deal closed in Asia Pacific (more details in nomination form)
– All nominees for Deal of the Year must have closed or completed between 1 September 2016 and 31 August 2017.
Closing date for nominations is 31 August, 2017.
Nominations close| 31 August 2015
Finalists announced | mid-September
Online Voting begins | mid-September
Award Presentation | 20 October 2017
Reggie Shiu Development of the Year
This Award recognizes the single development of the year representing the accomplishments of material market impact in a variety of ways including: overcoming challenges to completion, scale, innovation, quality, performance, and return on investment.
The Award is named after Reggie Shiu, formerly of Accor Asia Pacific and a pioneer of the regional hotel industry. Mr Shiu and most of his family perished tragically in the Asian Tsunami of 2005.
We welcome nominations from the entire industry. A select committee of industry peers then vote to create a shortlist of three deals, from which the final winner is determined by delegate votes immediately prior to HICAP.
2017 Reggie Shiu Development of the Year Committee:
Robert Hecker, Horwath HTL – Committee Chair
Bill Barnett, C9 Hotelworks
Regina Di Benedetto, Aareal Bank Asia Limited
Ian Lien, SC Capital Partners
Eric Levy, Tourism Solutions International
Yuval Tal, Proskauer Rose
Corinna Toh, JLL
HICAP Deal of the Year
The HICAP Single Asset Transaction and M&A Deal of the Year Awards are given to the transaction, merger or acquisition of the year representing the most significant and/or dynamic deals.
Nominations are open to the entire industry. A committee of industry peers votes to create a shortlist of three deals, the final winner from which is determined by delegate votes immediately prior to HICAP.
2017 Deal of the Year Committee:
Andrew P.B. McGeoch, Mayer Brown JSM – Chair
Baron Ah Moo, Colliers International
Raymond Clement, Savills
Andrew Heithersay, SC Capital Partners
Scott Hetherington, JLL
Benjamin Hirasawa, Clyde & Co
Robert McIntosh, CBRE Hotels
Roy Melick, Baker McKenzie
Peter Meyer, Lodgis Hospitality Holdings
Zoe Wu, Horwath HTL